We hope you are keeping well in these tumultuous times. While none of the articles in this edition of Risk & Reward relates specifically to COVID-19, the economic and financial implications of the pandemic are clearly having a tremendous impact on the global financial markets. In this environment, it’s more important than ever to take the long view.
So, in this issue, we present five pieces of timeless research:
- We discuss the risks and consequences of missing out on the most profitable stocks and how this can be avoided.
- We debunk some common myths about ESG investing, a topic that is more relevant than ever in the light of the pandemic and the focus on social justice issues in the US and elsewhere.
- We discuss real estate investing from a behavioral finance perspective.
- And we show how quantitative analyses can inform increasingly popular thematic investing strategies.
- Lastly, we are excited to share with you the body of work presented at this year’s Cambridge Consortium on Asset Management addressing recent research on fixed income, alternatives and responsible investing.