Invesco's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) approach
Invesco is committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles in a manner that is consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities to clients. Invesco supports the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and recognizes the importance of considering environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues as part of a robust investment process.
In June 2013, Invesco became a signatory of the UNPRI (United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment). The PRI is the largest and leading global Responsible Investment network of investment managers and asset owners in the industry. Invesco joins several other peer organizations in our support of the PRI initiative and material Environmental, Social and Governance topics.
The PRI is based on six key principles that serve as a foundational framework for large diversified investment managers to establish a well-articulated and supportive approach of ESG.
As part of our commitment to these Principles for Responsible investment:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress toward implementing the Principles.