Our objective is to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns by offering "high-touch" capital and operational solutions in transitional investment situations where we can influence the outcome. We focus on investments that allow us to utilize a flexible approach to acquire stakes in companies or assets where we have control or significant influence and have the ability to transact across the full range of the capital structure. A typical WL Ross transaction tends to be characterized by a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- Out-of-favor industries or industries undergoing regulatory change/dislocation
- Businesses underperforming their peak operational or financial capabilities
- Situations that require transitional capital
- Complex special situations with attractive valuations
- Transactions where we believe we can alter the risk/reward equation
- Industries where we have a perceived competitive advantage
In summary, we target transactions where we believe we can alter the risk-reward for the benefit of our investors.
WL Ross & Co. LLC is an investment adviser and is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Invesco Ltd.