An investment trust for changing times
Please read the Investment Risks and Footnotes at the bottom of the page.
* Invesco Perpetual Select Trust plc total assets (all share portfolios) as at 30 April 2020: £113.4m
- Multi-asset class investment trust with four independently managed share portfolios
- Unique design offers the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide array of asset classes and markets, from the home shores of the UK to wider global markets
- Structure permits quarterly conversions between the share classes and allows holders to react to changing investment conditions
With an active approach to stock selection, the process is carefully designed to seek to stack the odds of success in the portfolio’s favour, with risk management considered throughout. The process is focused on IDEAS: Identify potential ideas; Determine the most promising; Evaluate the opportunity; Approve the idea; Structure the portfolio.
The portfolio is made up of three categories. First, dividend compounders. A minimum of 70% of the fund will be in companies that have a strong track record of paying and growing dividends. Second, up to 20% in low yielding, but faster growth stocks. These are companies with excellent capital allocation*, resulting in compelling returns on invested capital or a progressive buy back policy**. Finally, up to 10% of the portfolio will be invested in Dividend Restoration ideas - businesses that are undergoing a temporary challenge or turnaround, but where we see a clear route to dividend restoration.
*Capital allocation: distributing and investing a company's financial resources in ways that will increase its efficiency and maximize its profits.
**Buy back: when a company buys back its shares and is a way for the company to reinvest in itself.
Standardised rolling 12-month performance (% growth)
|Ordinary Share Price||-0.5||25.2||5.5||2.7||-22.7|
|Net Asset Value||-1.6||29.3||3.8||4.7||-17.3|
|MSCI World Index (£) Total Return||0.3||32.7||1.8||12.6||-5.3|
Past performance is not a guide to future returns. Ordinary share price performance figures have been calculated using daily closing prices with dividends reinvested. NAV performance figures have been calculated using daily NAV with dividends reinvested. The NAV used includes current period revenue and values debt at fair. The MSCI World Index (£) Total Return performance shown is total return (net of withholding tax). All performance figures are in sterling as at 31 March 2020 unless otherwise stated. Standardised past performance figures are updated on a quarterly basis. Source: Morningstar.
|Terms of reference|
|Schedule of matters reserved for Board||Audit Committee|
|Management Engagement Committee||Nomination Committee|
|Circular to Shareholders|
|Invesco Perpetual Select Trust plc – Circular: notice of general meeting (November 2019)||Invesco Perpetual Select Trust plc - Circular: proposed portfolio changes (Oct 2011)|
|Director's letter of appointment|
|Mr G Kitchen||Mr C Cleland|
|Mr A H Clifton||Ms V Muir|
The investment objective of the Global Equity Income Share Portfolio is to provide an attractive and growing level of income return and capital appreciation over the long term, predominantly through investment in a diversified portfolio of equities orldwide.
All directors are non-executive and, in the opinion of the Board, are independent of the Manager.
Should you wish to contact a member of the Board of Directors, please email the Company Secretary.
When you interact with us, we may collect information about you which constitutes personal data under applicable laws and regulations. The Trust privacy notice explains how we use and protect your personal data.
- Total Assets: The value of all assets held, less current liabilities, including income for the current year.
- Dividend Yield: The total declared and prospective dividends for the current financial year, expressed as a percentage of the trust’s value calculated at the last close price. The yield is indicative only and is not guaranteed.
- Estimated NAV: The net asset value is the value of the company’s assets, less any liabilities.
- Discount: The amount, expressed as a percentage by which the share price is less than the net asset value per share. Premium: The amount, expressed as a percentage, by which the share price is more than the net asset value per share.
- Figures are subject to rounding.
- The value of investments and any income will fluctuate (this may partly be the result of exchange rate fluctuations) and investors may not get back the full amount invested.
- When making an investment in an investment trust you are buying shares in a company that is listed on a stock exchange. The price of the shares will be determined by supply and demand. Consequently, the share price of an investment trust may be higher or lower than the underlying net asset value of the investments in its portfolio and there can be no certainty that there will be liquidity in the shares.
- The product uses derivatives for efficient portfolio management which may result in increased volatility in the NAV.
- The use of borrowings may increase the volatility of the NAV and may reduce returns when asset values fall.
- The product invests in emerging and developing markets, where difficulties in relation to market liquidity, dealing, settlement and custody problems could arise.
- Where individuals or the business have expressed opinions, they are based on current market conditions, they may differ from those of other investment professionals and are subject to change without notice. This marketing material is not intended as a recommendation to invest in any particular asset class, security or strategy. Regulatory requirements that require impartiality of investment/investment strategy recommendations are therefore not applicable nor are any prohibitions to trade before publication. The information provided is for illustrative purposes only, it should not be relied upon as recommendations to buy or sell securities.
- For more information on our products, please refer to the relevant Key Information Document (KID), Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive document (AIFMD), and the latest Annual or Half-Yearly Financial Reports. This information is available in the literature section.