Select Your Location
Invesco on FaceBook
You are leaving Invesco.com
You are about to leave invesco.com for another site affiliated with Invesco.
As a global investment management firm, Invesco has a responsibility to help sustain a healthy, clean environment for future generations. We are committed to continuous improvement in environmental management as an important part of the way we do business. Efforts include:
- Principles for Responsible Investment, The United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) initiative is an international network of investors working together to incorporate ESG (environmental, social, governance) issues into their investment processes.
Invesco's mission is, "Helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives." Invesco supports the PRI and recognizes the importance of considering environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues as part of a robust investment process. We are firmly committed to responsible investment and actively work to understand, assess and address the concerns and expectations of our clients while ensuring we meet our fiduciary responsibilities.
- The Invesco Environmental Steering Committee, which includes several senior managing directors, was established to oversee and drive commitment of the company's global environmental policy. The committee monitors environmental impacts, gathers ideas and suggestions for improving our global environmental management and approves initiatives which are then fed into regional management processes
- Invesco has developed and implemented a global environmental management system to the internationally recognized standard Global ISO 14001 for most of our major offices. To date, eleven offices of Invesco's global property portfolio have achieved the 14001 standard, making up 62% of the company's global staff body. The offices are located in the US, Canada, UK and Europe.
- Our company is a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series . The Series communicates the performance of companies which meet global corporate responsibility standards to help potential clients make investments in organizations with good records of corporate social responsibility.
- Invesco participates in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), reporting on our carbon emissions and reduction management processes. The Carbon Disclosure Project is an independent, not for profit organization, that aims to influence policy and financial decision-making. Of participating firms in the most recent report (2012), Invesco scored 82% for our disclosure submission; a score the company has improved on over the last three years. We aim to continue to engage in the CDP annually.
- Invesco has a global network of Green Teams who focus on improving our environment. These groups, made up of employee representatives, constantly search for new ways to improve our workplace efficiencies. Our global Green Teams have participated in environmental events such as Earth Hour, Earth Day, World Environment Day and the Clean Air Commute.
- Our organization has completed several locally-based achievements in 2012, for example: Invesco UK recertifies with the Carbon Trust Standard by helping to prevent of 322 tonnes CO2e from being emitted into the atmosphere and an overall CO2e footprint reduction of 3% over 3 years. In Atlanta, staff participated in the Chattahoochee Nature Event to promote environmentally friendly practices to children. Invesco's Frankfurt office is leading the way by purchasing stationary made from recycled materials, making a clear statement of the company's environmental objectives to clients and employees. Likewise, our Hyderabad office employees have been promoted to embrace low carbon vehicles by offering a free pollution check for employee's vehicles. Dublin has given back to the community by donating old furniture to a local company, saving them money and avoiding unnecessary waste disposal.